Privacy StatementLast Updated: February 28, 2023
GOT BAG encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from GOT BAG so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. GOT BAG is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the GOT BAG website.
SECTION 1 – HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent for us to collect that information and to use it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
GOT BAG North America Inc.
8152 SW Hall Blvd #1025
Beaverton, OR 97008
United States of America
SECTION 2 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 3 – HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, email address, shipping address, billing address and credit card information. You also may provide us with your company name and telephone number. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
In addition, we may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Account: If you create an account for any of our Services, you will provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and password. When you log-in to your account, you will provide us with your email address and password.
- Store Locator: When you use our store locator, you may provide us with your physical address.
- Orders & Tracking: When you use our Site to track your order, you will provide us with your email address.
- Returns Center: When you start a return, you will provide us with your email address.
- Write a Review: When you write a review of our products, you will provide us with your email address and nickname. You may also provide us with your physical address and any other Personally Identifiable Information that you may voluntarily provide.
- Newsletter: When you sign up for our newsletter, you will provide us with your email address.
- Corporate Sales: When you place a corporate order for 100 hundred (100) or more bags, small quantities or rush orders, you will provide us with your telephone number or email address.
- Careers: If you apply for a job, we will collect your first and last name, email address, physical address, and telephone number. You also will be asked to provide other information such as your resume, cover letter, and employment-related information (e.g. desired compensation and start date).
- Contact Us: When you send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way through email or social media channels, we will receive your email address, phone number, and any other Personally Identifiable Information that you may voluntarily provide.
- Social Media Content and Reviews: We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages, including for you to review your GOT BAG purchases. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests: We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
- Surveys: We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information as you navigate our site, such as the following:
Automatic Data Collection: We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics: We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your username, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
- Klar: We use the services of Klar (Klar Insights GmbH, Marktstr. 18, 80802 Munich, Germany) on our website. Klar, collects, processes and stores data on this website and its subpages for reach measurement, statistical analysis and business cost optimization. This collection takes place on the following legal basis:
- If there is no consent from the user, the data is collected anonymously, i.e. without collecting personal or personally identifiable data, and in groups, i.e. by randomly assigning the collected data to groups of users. It is therefore not possible to draw conclusions about individual users. This anonymous collection is mandatory according to § 25 para. 2 no. 2 TTDSG in order to optimize business costs and thus ensure the desired service.
- If the user has given his consent in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 a DSGVO and Section 25 (1) sentence 1 TTDSG, the data to be processed will be collected on a user-specific basis.
For the aforementioned different types of collection, different cookies are used to ensure the respective type of collection.
- Objection: To object to the use of Klar in principle, please use this link. This will set a cookie with the name "do_not_track" from the domain "durchsichtig.xyz" or the domain of our shop. Please do not delete it, otherwise we cannot guarantee that you will not be tracked by Klar. Information on data protection and data use by Placeholder can be found on the following website of Klar: https://www.getklar.com/data-protection.
SECTION 4 – HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- Improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- Improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- Protect GOT BAG’s rights or property.
- Comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. We may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
Note: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
SECTION 5 – DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIATABLE INORMATION?
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With service providers who perform data services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.).
- With service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information.
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
To ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share your Personally Identifiable Information with to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is treated by those service providers in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable laws on data security and privacy. We do not collect or receive the information provided to the third-party payment processor.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SECTION 6 – SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 7 – HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION?
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Unfortunately, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
SECTION 8 – YOUR CHOICES
You have certain choices about your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non- personal information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.
Email and Telephone Communications
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.
“Do Not Track.”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA’s AppChoices application from your device’s app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access to/Portability of Personal Data about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Data transferred to another party.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction.
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Data to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
SECTION 9 – CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. This site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone 13 years of age or younger (such as a child's name or e-mail address).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think we may have inadvertently collected such information.
SECTION 10 – QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
GOT BAG North America Inc.
8152 SW Hall Blvd #1025
Beaverton, OR 97008
United States of America